The Newcstle Warm Up involves Dynamic Stretching and Ball Work.
Divide your group into pairs, one ball per pair. Set up small squares proximately 2x2 yards. The group will alternate between ball work and dynamic stretching. The transition must be high paced.
Working in pairs:
1. Speed Passing (1-2 yards apart).
2. Volley Passes.
3. Control on the Thigh then Volley Back.
4. Zig Zag Forwards and Backwards around cones.
5. Side Skips to opposite end and back, repeat Speed Passing.
6. High Kick stretches.
7. Speed Passing (1-2 yards apart).
8. Control on the Chest then Volley Back.
9. Tap the ball, shuffle backwards, then jump up to head the ball back.
10. Play ball through the players open legs, player turns and sprints after the ball.
11. Knee Slap Game.
- About US
- Lesson Plans
- Highlight Video
- Coaches Comments
- Contact Us
- Member Login
- Join Now
Become a Member
What you get as a member
SoccerCoachTV are the most watched Coaching Videos Worldwide
What you will find inside SoccerCoachTV is “Real Up-Close Coaching”, NO ANIMATED DRILLS! In each practice you will be close to the action and hear and see all the coaching points, it’s just like being on the field with the team.