This is a great warm up activity that involves passing, running with the ball and peripheral vision.
Using cones, set up an area of 5x5 yard squares. Divide your group into pairs, with one ball per pair. Players in pairs are numbered player “1” and player “2”. The practice begins with two players per square passing the ball back and forth.
When the coach shouts out number 1 or 2, that player performs the following:
• The player must run without the ball and find a new player to pass with.
• The player must run with the ball to a different square.
• Both players travel with the ball to a new square, cannot be the next square.
• Player perform the “10 pass drill”.
In between ball work the players perform the following Dynamic Stretches:
1. High Kicks.
2. Hamstring Stretch.
3. Zig Zags.
4. Groin stretch (close the gate).
5. Groin stretch (open the gate).
6. On coach’s command player must go under their partners legs.
- About US
- Lesson Plans
- Highlight Video
- Coaches Comments
- Contact Us
- Member Login
- Join Now
Become a Member
What you get as a member
SoccerCoachTV are the most watched Coaching Videos Worldwide
What you will find inside SoccerCoachTV is “Real Up-Close Coaching”, NO ANIMATED DRILLS! In each practice you will be close to the action and hear and see all the coaching points, it’s just like being on the field with the team.